YOUTH EMPLOYMENT BOOTCAMP
Youth Employment Bootcamp is a PAID life skills and job-readiness program. We provide a toolbox full of resources and connections within your community to apply to your next career move. Whether you’re exploring the job market, need support in tailoring your resume or learning how to network, our coaches work with you at your pace.
- Dedicated career guidance with one-on-one support with a case manager
- Professional workshops and network opportunities with employer
- Work experience and work placement opportunities
- Living allowance and supports where applicable—get paid while you train
- Certifications (first aid, food safe, and many more)
- 3-month YMCA membership
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
- Ages: 15 to 30
- Open to those eligible to work in Canada. You are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Confirmed Refugee
- Open to those who are unemployed or under-employed, working fewer than 20 hours per week
- Must not be a full-time student
WHAT SHOULD PARTICIPANTS EXPECT?
- Four-week Quality Employment Placement requirements:
- Determined based on participants' needs and goals
- One-to-one coaching and mentoring based on your career goals
- Meet with our bank of employer partners to determine fit and expand your network
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Quality Employment Placement is four weeks long
- Next cohort program offering: TBA spring 2024
Success Story: Meet Stephanie
The Youth Employment Bootcamp program is not just about finding a job, it's about empowering young individuals to become confident, responsible, and socially conscious members of society. The program's commitment to diversity and inclusivity is commendable, creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all participants, regardless of their background.
Thanks to Youth Employment Bootcamp, I not only secured a job that I liked, but I also gained a sense of purpose and direction in life. I am now pursuing my dreams with newfound determination and skills that will undoubtedly serve me well throughout my career.
I wholeheartedly recommend the Y's Youth Employment Bootcamp program to any young person seeking to kickstart their career and personal development journey. This program has been instrumental in shaping my future and I am confident it can do the same for many others. Thank you to the people running Youth Employment Bootcamp for your unwavering commitment to youth and for helping me realize my full potential.
Become a Partner Employer!
Whether your business is growing, you are looking for a steady stream of qualified and trained employees or you are looking to inspire youth in the community, the YMCA’s employment programs have customized partnership solutions for you.
Follow us on social media!
Stay connected with YMCA BC's Youth Employment Services on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to find exciting opportunities and job-seeking tips.