The YMCA is able to offer financial assistance due to generous donations from people who believe in the values of the YMCA and have donated to our YMCA Annual Campaign. Each year the YMCA provides an average of $1.6 million in direct financial assistance to thousands of people.
Families or individuals who are unable to pay the full fee for a YMCA membership or program are encouraged to apply for YMCA Financial Assistance. Those who currently receive fee assistance from the government prequalify for the program.
How does it work?
Families or individuals pay what they can afford based on their total household income. This amount is determined in the application process.
Financial assistance continues for the following durations of time:
- Health & Fitness Memberships: As needed
- Child Care: Three months
- Registered Programs: For the duration of the program
- Camps: For the current camping season
Applicants may re-apply to renew their financial assistance at the end of their term.
To begin the application process, please fill out this inquiry form.
What documents do I need to include with my application?
You will be asked to provide one or more of the following items for each person in your household:
- Prior year’s Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada
- Prior year’s Income Tax Return
- In the case of those who do not file Tax Returns, please attach the last three pay stubs for those in the household earning income
Once your application is reviewed and approved, we ask that you provide:
- First payment as agreed to during the application process
- A method of automatic payment (i.e. a void cheque, credit card information, or a pre-authorized form from your bank)
We are keen to remove the financial barriers you face in participating in YMCA programs. Please contact us to discuss your needs.