If you are aged 18 to 29 and love working with children, apply to our FREE 12-week program to become a certified Early Childhood Education Assistant!
Join the YMCA -- the largest child care provider in Canada -- and get the necessary skills, certification and the opportunity.
- Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate through Vancouver Community College
- Emergency First Aid/CPR-C/AED Certification
- Child Protection Training
- YMCA Early Learning Framework
- Employment support - resume, cover letter and interview skills
- Two practicums at one of our 55 child care centres
- Opportunities for up to $800 in completion bonuses
- Ages 18 to 29
- Those eligible to work in Canada. You are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or confirmed Refugee
- Those who are unemployed or under-employed, working fewer than 20 hours per week
- Not currently a full-time student or or returning to full-time studies in the next few months
- Open only to Lower Mainland residents
- Length: 12-week program
- Time commitment:
Workshops run Tuesdays to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- In-person on Tuesdays at Robert Lee YMCA
- Virtual through Zoom Wednesday - Friday
- In-person ECEA course at Vancouver Community College on Saturdays (4 hours each day)
- Homework and project work to be completed outside of class hours
- Next cohort starts May 2, 2023. Applications open March 20.
- Program type: Hybrid
- Online via Zoom
- In-person Tuesday sessions at Robert Lee YMCA and in-person Saturday sessions held at Vancouver Community College Downtown Campus; 250 West Pender St., Vancouver BC
READY TO APPLY?
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"My goal when applying to be a part of the YMCA ECEA Training Program was to learn skills about the industry and receive my qualification to work in the field I’m passionate about. This program is so much more than that! Every workshop has been carefully selected to help you grow, not only as a future employee, but as a person. The Employment Coaches are incredible mentors who really care about everyone in the course. Everyone feels heard and respected - something you don’t always find these days! Thank you for all of the positive experiences!"
- 2021 ECEA Program Participant
Follow us on social media!
Stay connected with YMCA BC's Youth Employment Services on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to find exciting opportunities and job-seeking tips.
1 B.C. Labour Market Outlook: 2021 Edition