This program offers immigrants and other newcomer to Canada the opportunity to obtain the knowledge and skills to become a small business owner.
- Course taught by professional business advisor
- 1-on-1 coaching sessions with business advisor
- Guest speakers
- Digital Skills and English support classes
- Learn how to open a small business in 10 weeks
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
- Ages: 19+
- Open to those eligible to work in Canada. You are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, conventional Refugee or in Canada under CUAET measures
- Open to those who are unemployed or under-employed, working fewer than 20 hours per week
- Must have been living in Canada fewer than five years
WHAT SHOULD PARTICIPANTS EXPECT?
- Cost: Free
- Length: 10-week program
- Participants receive:
- Business-plan development, guidance on the process to launch their business and to learn Canadian business practices. Participants will gain confidence, knowledge and the ability to become an entrepreneur in Canada.
- One-on-one coaching, digital literacy and ESL support
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Program Type: In person at Impact North Shore Centre; 123 East 15th St., North Vancouver, BC
- Hours: Typically 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Next program intake: Sept. 16, 2022
Our Funding Partners
Thank you to our partners helping to make the YMCA of Greater Vancouver's Employment Services programs possible!