Youth Breakthrough to Employment and Training is a free, five-week online program that supports youth experiencing mental-health barriers to achieve their employment goals.
- Pre-employment supports and job-readiness skills such as resume building, interview prep and job maintenance
- 12-week volunteer or work placement after completion of program
- Up to $600 cash in completion bonuses!
- Career planning, employment counselling, mentoring and coaching
- Workshops such as First Aid, Mindfulness, Diversity and Inclusion, and more
- One-on-one support from a dedicated Employment Coach
- FREE six-month YMCA Gym Membership
- Ages 17 to 29
- Those eligible to work in Canada. You are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Confirmed Refugee
- Those unemployed or under-employed, working fewer than 20 hours per week
- Experiencing stress, anxiety, low mood or other mental-health barriers to employment
- Open to residents of the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
- Length: Five-week program, followed by 12-week work placement
- Time Commitment:
- Five weeks of online workshops run Monday to Friday, times TBD
- 12 weeks of in-person work or volunteer experience (part-time or full-time)
- Program Offerings
- Lower Mainland
- Jan. 30 to Mar. 3, 2023
- Fraser Valley
- Feb. 13 to Mar. 17, 2023
- Program Type: Online
- Workshops held online via Zoom
- In-person work or volunteer experience
READY TO APPLY?
"I hoped to expand my knowledge and break through some comfort zones with guidance and assistance. Which I did, but the main thing I came to find almost immediately was a warm, welcoming community. A little family of squares on a screen, sharing a few similar steps in vastly different journeys in life. Some of which will be supports in my life, as well as me with theirs for a long time to come. There is a very unique bond I’ve gained with others who have very different struggles than mine yet have been some of the most supportive people I’ve met."
- 2022 Youth Breakthrough to Employment Participant
Follow us on social media!
Stay connected with YMCA BC's Youth Employment Services on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to find exciting opportunities and job-seeking tips.