Start a rewarding career path in the Food and Beverage industry. The YCafe Training program will train you to excel. Over a 12-week journey, you will gain hands-on work experience in a real cafe setting, a solid skill set and connections with employers eager to hire you. In addition, you get paid while participating.
- 12 weeks of hands-on training in our fully functional cafe, workshops and kitchen skills
- Weekly living allowance (based on minimum wage)
- 1:1 professional coach providing career and life skills training
- Free relevant certifications (up to $1,000) such as First Aid, Super Host and many others
- Program participation and job-start financial support available (on a discretionary basis)
- Free six-month YMCA Membership (gym, pool and fitness classes)
- YMCA-provided (polo) uniform
- Ages 18+
- Those eligible to work in Canada. You are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Confirmed Refugee
- Those unemployed or under-employed, working fewer than 20 hours per week
- Those not currently in school full-time and will not be returning to full-time studies within the next six months
- Length: 12-week program
- Time Commitment:
- Two weeks of in-classroom career immersion sessions
- 10 weeks of hands-on training in our fully functional cafe, employer-led workshops and kitchen skills
- Program offerings begin:
- Nov. 21, 2022
- Program Type: In-person
Tong Louie Family YMCA
14988 57 Ave.
Get in touch with us to learn more!
Follow us on social media!
Stay connected with the YMCA of Greater Vancouver's Youth Employment Services on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to find exciting opportunities and job-seeking tips.