The YMCA has Continuous Swim Lessons Available!
We have swim lessons available at:
Robert Lee YMCA
Bettie Allard YMCA
Tong Louie Family YMCA
Bob Chan-Kent Family YMCA
Why take Continuous Swim Lessons at the YMCA?
At the Y, we believe swimming is an essential life skill for every child and teen. We use a variety of fun methods to help kids overcome fears, build confidence in the water, and develop skills that last a lifetime. Our qualified instructors are trained in the philosophies and disciplines set by YMCA Canada, to provide child-centered lessons. We’ve been national leaders in swim lessons for more than 100 years.
Lessons for children are arranged in a continuous model that promotes each child’s development, are convenient for families, and lead to regular participation.
Here are some facets of our lessons that make them so unique:
- Book for one weekly lesson time and you keep it as long as you want. You can start and stop lessons at any time.
- At the YMCA we understand that juggling family commitments can be difficult. Needing to register for swim lessons every 8 weeks is a hassle, especially when a convenient time or level is not immediately available.
- During the weekly swim time, as your child progresses, we teach the skills they need to be safe and become a great swimmer, achieving each progressive YMCA swimming level over time.
- Our system puts your child with the same instructor for longer.
- Once you book a time at the YMCA you keep that time as long as you want.
- Longer periods of time with the same instructor and students means children develop friendships and grow in a comfortable and welcoming setting.
- Being with the same instructor longer means a better understanding of your child's needs. Your child will get the attention they need to grow at their own pace and meet their goals.
- Instructors teach using a strength-based, child-centred approach, setting individual goals, teaching skills through progressions and providing activities that meet the needs of individual learning styles.
A YMCA membership with an additional $5 bi-weekly is required to participate in swim lessons. Included with your YMCA membership you can use the pool, gymnasium, child, youth & family programs, and some ages can use the fitness floor and group fitness classes.
Our Swim Lesson Assurance
If you are not able to find a convenient swim lesson day and time at the health, fitness and aquatic centre listed above with availabilities, you are entitled to a full refund of your membership within 15 days.
How to Sign Up
To sign up for continuous swim lessons, follow these three easy steps:
1) View the swim lesson availability below
2) Sign up online for a YMCA membership below
3) Book your swim lesson spot
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604-939-9622