Helping Youth Begin their Next Chapter with Confidence
The Youth Transitions Program is a free service for youth ages 11 to 19 who need additional support during transition points in school and life. The program fosters a sense of belonging through one-on-one support and interactive workshops. Through a trauma-informed, goal-oriented, and strengths-based approach, students develop life skills, gain resiliency, cultivate a positive mental well-being, and develop the confidence to reach their fullest potential.
- Free for youth ages 11 to 19 who are leading to or at transition points in school
- Currently offered to Coquitlam students attending Como Lake Middle School, Hillcrest Middle School, Maple Creek Middle School, and Summit Middle School
- The program offers two program streams: One-on-one support and workshops. Students can participate in one stream or both streams depending on need and interest.
- Flexible support that can be customized based on participants’ needs
- Individualized sessions
- Length varies on youths’ needs
- Goal-oriented support
- Workshops are tailored to the group or individual
- Sample topics include:
- Building self-confidence
- Identifying values
- Developing meaningful and healthy connections
- Self-care, health and wellness, hygiene, sexual health
- Time management
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
- Youth ages 11 to 19
- Coquitlam students attending Como Lake Middle School, Hillcrest Middle School, Maple Creek Middle School, and Summit Middle School
WHAT SHOULD PARTICIPANTS EXPECT?
- There is no cost to participate.
- Participants will develop practical life skills to navigate life transitions.
- Participants will work with a Youth Service Worker.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Students can enroll any time during the school year.
- The program is offered in person in participating schools. Youth Support Workers will also meet participants where they are at: in school, community centres, YMCA locations, etc.
Have questions or want more details? Fill out the form below or email us at email@example.com