It really does take a village to raise a child! Our Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) program helps parents and child care providers alike get the support needed to help raise healthy, happy kids.
We are pleased to offer various types of support for families searching for child care including:
- Child care referrals based on your family’s individual needs from our database of licensed family or group child care, or registered licence not required (RLNR) family child care providers
- Information and assistance regarding the provincial Affordable Child Care Benefit Program
- Tips on how to choose and evaluate child care programs
- An informative and fun blog that includes parent articles, educational opportunities and family events
- Information about local community resources and programs, such as family drop-ins, public health nurses, early intervention programs and much more
- We invited child care providers in our service areas to participate in our annual CCRR Child Care Fee Survey. We are happy to share their responses with you through the following link: CCRR Child Care Fee Survey Responses
For most families, preschool is not a replacement for child care. Typically, a child will attend preschool for about two and half to four hours per day. For information about different preschool options, download our Preschool Information Sheet.
CCRR programs serve over 170 communities in BC, and the YMCA of Greater Vancouver is pleased to support families looking for care in the communities of Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Anmore and Belcarra. For support finding child care in other communities, please visit the Provincial CCRR website and contact your local CCRR.
Choosing a provider
Wondering what to ask potential providers? Have a peek at our Guide to Choosing a Child Care Provider for a wealth of information including child care types/options, sample questions to ask when interviewing care providers and useful tips to help monitor your child care arrangement.
Need help finding child care? We can help!
To help guide you in your search for care, you can also click on any of the community links below to search for child care providers in your area. You can filter your search by age group served, out-of-school care service, or extended hours.
ANMORE & BELCARRA
Statement of Parental Responsibility – Child Care Resource
and Referral Program
The Child Care Resource and Referral Program is a support and referral service for families and child care providers. The names of the child care providers are provided to families by request and are in no way a recommendation of the service provided by the particular care provider. The parent(s) has the responsibility for ensuring that the child care arrangement ultimately chosen is suitable for the family’s needs.
Use of the services of the Child Care Resource and Referral Program is voluntary. If a family chooses to use any of the services, the family expressly agrees:
- To assume any and all risks involved in the selection of the child care arrangement,
- That the Child Care Resource and Referral Program staff and the Board of Directors are not responsible for the choice of child care, and
- That staff and the Board of Directors of the Child Care Resource and Referral Program are excluded from any and all liability for negligence arising in connection with the referral services provided, and/or the actions of any child care provider selected by the parent.
Help with Affordable Child Care Benefit
Your family may qualify for financial assistance with child care fees. Visit the Affordable Child Care Benefit page on the Ministry of Children and Family Development's website or contact 1-888-338-6622 to learn if you qualify. We can assist you with your subsidy application process.
Stop by for a visit anytime we’re open!
Statement of Parental Responsibility
The Child Care Resource and Referral Program is a support and referral service for families and child care providers.
Tri-Cities Community Resource List
Here are some several community resources for families living in the
New Westminster Community Resource List
Here are some several community resources for families living in
Burnaby Community Resource Guide
This guide provides updated listings of selected programs and services offered in our communities
Funding for the YMCA Child Care Resource & Referral is provided by the Province of British Columbia.
The YMCA CCRR acknowledges the support of the City of Burnaby.